St. Pius X High School strives to foster spiritual, physical, intellectual, and social growth in all students. Recognizing the importance of technology in our world, we believe it necessary to:
- Incorporate technology into the instructional process to encourage problem-solving, critical thinking, and global learning
- Promote student-centered learning
- Use technology to increase the effective use of time for both students and faculty
- Provide appropriate technology resources for students. faculty, and staff, so that they are able to communicate with all stakeholders and maximize learning opportunities
- Empower students and staff with technical literacy skills
Ethical and responsible usage will underscore all elements of technology use at St. Pius X High School.
St. Pius X High School believes that technology is integral to student learning. Faculty members have received training to incorporate technology into their classes in order to enhance curriculum. Students must be able to use a variety of technology today in order to be prepared for the technology of tomorrow. In light of this, St. Pius continues to invest in its technology program, which includes:
- School issued email accounts through Google Apps for Education which include Google Drive for collaboration, free word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation apps, and cloud storage
- Over 100 computers available to students
- Mac lab with 23 eMacs (Mac OS 10.6)
- Mobile cart with 25 laptops (Windows 7 Professional)
- Library with over 30 Chromebooks
- Faculty laptop program
- 25 mobile projectors in classrooms and labs
- Mobile and fixed interactive Smartboards and Mobi mobile interactive whiteboards
- Faculty and student server accounts
- Skyward (online grades, schedules, attendance information, standardized test scores, activities, academic history and report cards).
- Both wired and wireless network capabilities
- Microsoft Office 2016 Professional and Office 2016 for Mac
- St. Pius X High School Technology Plan
- BYOD program for students in the classes of 2018 and 2019 (laptop, Chromebook, and tablet).
Wireless Device Registration
St. Pius X High School encourages the use of technology, including personal wireless devices, to promote learning. Wireless devices will NOT operate on the school's network unless they have been registered. Such devices include:
- iPad or other tablets
- iPod Touch
- iPhone or other smartphones
- other devices as requested
IT Support staff can register devices as needed throughout the school year. The registration process is brief and wireless access lasts until the end of current school year.