St. Pius X Admissions Timeline for 2020 Entry
This timeline is a combination of the St. Louis Archdiocese's Catholic High School admissions process and St. Pius X High School admission events leading to the 2020-2021 school year.
St. Pius X accepts applications for admission throughout the year. Students wishing to transfer during the school year should review the transfer page.
- St. Pius X accepts applications year-round.
High School Nights provide parents and students in 6th, 7th, and 8th grades an opportunity to hear from representatives of Catholic high schools in the St. Louis Archdiocese about their programs and policies. RSVPs are not necessary and the events start at 7:00 pm. St. Pius X HS is participating in the following High School Nights.
- Tuesday, September 10 - Ursuline Academy
- Thursday, September 19 - Vianney
- Thursday, September 26 - St. Mary's High School
- 8th Grade Day Wednesday, October 16, 8:00 am - 2:45 pm - 8th graders are invited to spend a day with us during Homecoming Week. Students play games and learn about the St. Pius X House System.
- St. Pius X Open House Sunday, October 27 11 am - 2 pm - Open House includes opportunities to meet faculty, staff, coaches and students. You can tour campus and learn more about life as a Lancer from our team of student ambassadors as well as areas such as our innovative house system, our lunch hour program and college counseling. We also hold a drawing for a one-year partial tuition voucher.
- Applications - Parochial school & PSR 8th graders must submit two applications for admission; the St. Pius X online application and an application through the Archdiocese.
- Public school students who are not PSR participants need only submit the SPX application.
- Applications can be submitted starting on October 15.
- Archdiocesan applications for current 8th graders are due by Friday, November 15.
- Records for students who have applied to St. Pius X and attend Archdiocesan high schools will be sent by their current schools to SPX no later than November 29. Records are also sent for PSR students at this time.
- Friday, January 10 - First-semester report cards for applicants will be sent by grade schools to St. Pius X.
- Interviews Saturday, January 11 - St. Pius X hosts mandatory interviews with 8th-grade students who have applied for admission.
- Admission decision letters will be mailed the first week of February.
- Induction Night Thursday, February 20 - This event is for all recently accepted students so they can meet St. Pius X faculty, staff and students, as well as each other, while parents are given an opportunity to meet with SPX administrators. This is where incoming freshmen learn about their house assignments.
- Thursday, February 28 - Deadline to apply for Archdiocesan-based financial aid.
- March 15 - Deadline for Financial Aid application and Scholarship application.
- May 20 - Financial aid packages are distributed to students.