“For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them”. Romans12:4-8.
What is the St. Pius X Parents’ Club?
The St. Pius X Parents’ Club is an organization composed of parent volunteers whose goal is to raise money to support St. Pius X students in all areas, including academic, athletic and fine arts programs.
We raise funds primarily through proceeds from concession stand sales, the sale of event program ads, spirit wear sales, and the sponsorship of special events such as the Pancake Breakfast, Spaghetti Dinner, and the Buck Knob Challenge 5K Race.
Over the past two years, the SPX Parents’ Club has donated over $20,000 back to the school for the purchase of new equipment for the drama department and new equipment/uniforms for the athletic program, as well as sponsoring Eagle Scout projects and assisting with funding for the Skyward online system and student transportation costs.
What is the family service requirement for this year?
Beginning with the 2015-2016 school year, all SPX families will be required to work at least four (4) service hours per school year. A variety of opportunities will be made available to families to fulfill their service requirement. A link to sign ups will be posted on the Parents’ Club webpage.
What is the “volunteer fee”?
Each family will notice a $200.00 volunteer fee charged on their tuition statement at the beginning of the school year. Upon completion of a family’s service requirement for the year, the volunteer fee will be credited back to their account by the Business Office. Prior to the start of the school year, each family will have an opportunity to “opt out” of their yearly service requirement, thus relinquishing their volunteer fee to the Parents’ Club.
How can I get involved?
The Parents’ Club leadership is composed of an Executive Board consisting of a President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. In addition to the Executive Board, chairpersons are needed for the following Standing Committees:
1. Volunteer – Responsible for volunteer hour tracking, with assistance of individual event chairpersons and coordinators.
a. Fall Sports Coordinator – Responsible for coordination of volunteers for all fall sporting events, to include gate/admissions, spirit wear sales and concessions.
b. Winter Sports Coordinator – Responsible for coordination of volunteers for all winter sporting events, to include gate/admissions, spirit wear sales and concessions.
c. Spring Sports Coordinator – Responsible for coordination of volunteers for all spring sporting events, to include gate/admissions, spirit wear sales and concessions.
2. Buck Knob Challenge – Responsible for organization and execution of event.
3. Concession Stand – Must maintain food safe certification. Is responsible for maintaining inventory of products sold, and stocking concession stands prior to each event.
4. Spirit Wear – Responsible for ordering, managing inventory and selecting products, as well as collecting and reconciling revenue of spirit wear sales with assistance from the Treasurer and Business Manager. Also responsible for the maintenance of the online ordering system.
5. Event Program – Responsible for soliciting ads from parents and community members, collecting all team data and pictures, creating the publication and getting the completed product to the selected vendor for completion. The event program is updated three times per school year.
6. Special Events – Individual chairpersons are needed for special events. Each chairperson will be responsible for the organization and execution of individual events, ie. Buck Knob Challenge, Pancake Breakfast, Spaghetti Supper, Chicken Dinner, etc.
7. Media/Marketing – The Secretary will chair this committee and oversee all communication sent to parents, students, staff and administration regarding the Parents' Club. Will also develop information to be sent out to the public on all Parents' Club events, with the assistance of the Director of Admissions and Communications.
8. Project Prom – Responsible for organization and execution of event.
9. Auction – The school Auction Chairperson will chair this committee.
10. Mentorship - Responsible for assigning volunteer mentors to each new St. Pius family at the beginning of the school year and overseeing communication between mentors and their families throughout the year.
An individual’s appointment to and subsequent execution of an Executive Board or Chairperson role within the Parents’ Club will fulfill their family’s service commitment for the current school year.
What other opportunities may be available?
St Pius X Parents’ Club wants each family to have opportunities to utilize their own unique gifts and talents.
Individual workers are needed for concession, spirit wear and 50/50 sales for many home sporting events. In addition, set up workers, event crew workers and clean up workers are needed for select events.
Additional opportunities for volunteer work may include such projects as landscaping, painting, carpentry, electrical and plumbing work, with the specific needs of the school being determined by administration.
Volunteer opportunities will be listed on the Parents’ Club webpage towards the end of the summer and will be updated periodically throughout the school year.
Who can I go to if I have more questions?
Should you have any questions about the SPX Parents’ Club, or if you are interested in volunteering for a specific chairperson or Executive Committee position, please contact Sarah Schweigert, Parents’ Club President via email at email@example.com or via cell phone at 314-610-5365. Our St. Pius X Staff Moderator is Lucy Woods, firstname.lastname@example.org.