In 2016, Legislation was passed to open up Missouri’s A+ Scholarship Program to all non-public schools. If students earn the A+ designation, they may be eligible to receive reimbursement for tuition, general fees, and up to 50% of book cost, subject to legislative appropriation, at a Missouri public community college or career-technical school.
Under the current A+ eligibility requirements, students must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Enter into a written agreement with the high school
- Attend a Missouri A+ high school for three consecutive years immediately prior to graduation. If St. Pius X High School is approved, the class of 2017 and 2018 will be eligible.
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Maintain 95% attendance over the four years of high school.
- Complete at least 50 hours of unpaid tutoring/mentoring, Must be supervised.
- Avoid being tardy to tutoring/mentoring programs.
- Maintain a record of good citizenship.
- Make a good faith effort to secure federal post-secondary student financial assistance funds. (FAFSA)
- Achieve a qualifying Math Score on the ACT prior to graduation. See Handbook
Karen DeCosty, Principal, email@example.com, 636-931-7487, ext. 102